Request for Proposal
IT Support Services
Issued Date: 1-20-2023
Submission Date: No later than 5pm PST on 2-10-2023
John Nutter, Director of Finance
Port of Port Angeles
338 W. First St.
Port Angeles, WA 98362 www.portofpa.org
Request for Proposal
Request for Proposal (RFP)
The Port of Port Angeles invites all interested parties to respond to this Request for Proposal (RFP). The focus of the RFP is to select a single organization to provide IT equipment consultation and IT managed services to the Port over a 3-year period subject to acceptable performance beginning March 1st, 2023.
Introduction to the Port of Port Angeles
The Port is a municipal district that operates the Port Angeles Boat Haven, John Wayne Marina, William R Fairchild Airport, and multiple Marine Terminals. Further detail can be found on our website at www.portofpa.com.
Overview of the Port Technical Environment
- Who coordinates the IT environment:
- John Nutter – Director of Finance & Administration
- Braedi Joutsen – HR Specialist and Clerk to the Commission
- How many users: 35-40 on a daily basis
- Is it a PC or MAC environment: Windows based with a few MAC O/S devices for accessory usage.
- What is the server situation: We have 5 servers, 3 at the administration building and 2 at the airport for off-site back-ups.
- What is the network situation: We use Wave Broadband for internet service and multi-site connectivity.
- What is the backup process: Off-site and cloud based.
- How current is the hardware and software: Servers are new as of Jan 2023, Office 365 for software,
- Who is currently providing technical support and guidance: IT Support Ssystems is our current managed service provider, they are available to answer any technical questions and will assist with the transition.
- Email Service Provider: Current Email Provider is Intermedia with 60 accounts.
- Website Hosting: Current website host is Civic Plus, a new host will be selected in early 2023.
- IP Phones: Current phones are IP that connect direct to the internet, maintained by Angeles Communication.
- Network Hardware: Detailed Hardware Detail Report is available, contact John Nutter at JohnN@portofpa.com for a copy. A high-level summary:
- Server Environment
- Windows Active Directory environment
- Windows based printing
- Network Hardware
- Ubiquiti AirOS
- Ubiquiti Unifi
- Fortigate Firewalls
- MOLO or equivalent later in 2023
- Windows 7/10
- CAD workstations
- Virtual Environment
- Dell Proliant Hosts
- VMWare Horizon Desktops
Scope of Quote
IT Support Services
The intent of this RFP is establishing an IT Support Services Contract quote for on-going support of IT systems. The following are items that need to be accounted for the quote. If the quote excludes some items below, please provide what the extra costs would be to fulfill those items outside of the Support Services Contract. Part of the evaluation of the Quote will be how cost effective is the Support Services Contract Quote in providing services as part of the contract and what services are excluded and are billed as we utilize the extra services as needed in order to create the most cost effective total cost.
- Cloud or Server Backup – Executing a nightly backup plan for data on servers, including a regularly-tested recovery process.
- Server and Network monitoring – Remote monitoring and access to Port’s network and email services to troubleshoot problems and outages.
- IT Equipment Procurement – Assistance with selection of commercially rated IT equipment as needed.
- Move, Add, Change – Changes to the location or configuration of existing equipment or software, and installation of additional equipment or software.
- Break fixes and installation – Planned and on-call services, including emergency response to server issues.
- Technical support – Ability to support Port’s inquiries as required, via help desk, including support for remote users.
- Configuration – Full assembly of hardware and software, including testing and burn-in as needed.
- Computer deployment – Delivery and setup of machines on-site as needed.
- Use of Virtual Desktops or Software Applications on Computers: Installation of Application on Computers or use of Virtual Desktops.
The Port will use multiple criteria to select the most appropriate partner. Respondents are encouraged to be as aggressive and creative as possible in their proposals. The following list summarizes the major qualitative areas that will be evaluated, along with their overall weighting:
- Industry expertise and experience
- Demonstrated customer service quality and support
- Previous relevant experience
- Quote Costs
- Familiarity with supporting Microsoft Dynamics, the Port’s primary ERP
- Ability to provide on-site support which currently averages 3-5 times per week.
Response to RFP Content and Requirements
For the purposes of this Quote please respond to the following sections. To understand more about your company and your ability to successfully fulfill this important Port required service, please provide the information below as part of your response, clearly referencing each specific question.
- Give a brief overview of your organization’s involvement in providing IT value added services in the marketplace.
- How long has the organization been in this business and what is your current market share?
- How many clients are you currently serving with IT Managed Services?
- Indicate the number of employees in your organization. How many of those are dedicated to account management and/or technical support?
- How many are full-time vs. contract?
- What differentiates your organization from your competitors in the marketplace and how will this be relevant to us?
- Will you subcontract any components of the proposed solution to third party organizations? If so, please describe the components to be subcontracted and provide details of any agreement in place with the subcontracted firm/individuals as well as a summary of past work that you have successfully completed together.
- Please provide details of three current client accounts that are most similar in scope and requirements to those of the Port.
Proposed Management Approach
- Identify the team that will be assigned to the account and describe how you plan to interact with us and any third-party providers that may provide services to the Port.
- Briefly describe your experience in providing the following services:
- Remote backup
- Network and email system monitoring
- Procurement Assistance
- Move, Add, Change
- Break and Fixes
- Technical support, including remote user support
- Reporting and communication
- Evaluation and testing of new equipment or applications
- Installation and use of Virtual Desktops and Servers
- Software licensing control
IT Support Services
- List out all the services that will incorporate IT Support Services and what are Add-ons based upon the above scope of work.
- Describe fully your technical support options including the assistance request process, escalation process, support hours, response times, staffing levels, staff expertise, and physical location of the help desk.
- Please provide details on your standard reporting capabilities.
- Describe any documentation and support that will be available, both from the technical perspective and the end user perspective.
- How do you monitor customer satisfaction and quality assurance on an ongoing basis and how might we benefit from this process?
- The Port user base varies considerably in its level of technical sophistication. Please describe your experience in successfully supporting users that may possess limited technical skills.
The key outcomes of the services provided under this contract are as follows:
- On-going support to address outage and problems with IT systems.
- Reliable backup of data and information on all computers.
Communications and Response
John Nutter is the designated Port contact person for IT related issues. Please direct all inquiries relative to this RFP to Jnutter@PortofPA.com.
Notification of Intent to Respond and Clarification Questions
Please indicate your intention to respond, by email, to the above email address by the Intent to Respond and Questions Due date outlined in the Key Dates table below. In addition, please provide the contact details of the individual responsible for coordinating your RFP response. At the same time, we ask that you submit any clarification questions regarding the RFP. Answers will be provided to all respondents by the Answers Provided date.
Response Delivery Instructions
Please submit an electronic copy of your proposal to the email address indicated in the Communications and Response section above. All responses must be received on or before close of business (5:00 pm PST) on the Proposals Due date indicated in the Key Dates table below.
Our intention is to hold presentations/demonstrations if needed with one or more firms on the Presentations dates indicated in the Key Dates table below. The presentations will be held at the Port Office at 338 W First St., Port Angeles, WA. We will endeavor to provide the successful firms with as much advance notice as possible.
Intent to Respond and
The submission of a proposal shall not in any manner oblige the District to enter into a contract or to be responsible for the costs incurred by your organization in responding to this request.
Agreement of Non-Disclosure
This document is considered to be proprietary and shall not be disclosed to any other party. It is designed, developed and submitted to potential partners of the Port solely for the benefit of the Port.
The Port makes no guarantee of future volumes and offers volume information for directional purposes only, to assist vendors with proposals and quotes.
### End of RFP